Monday 6 February 2017

Do What You Love & Love What You Do

In a nutshell, my philosophy comes down to this: Do what you love and love what you do. Life is too short to spend it doing anything other than what you love.

But that is only the beginning if we are to be successful in life we must learn to do what we love. We also have to make an effort to love what we do. Whether life brings us a fast food dinner or a banquet, we have to be grateful for the opportunity to do our best.

Through Mommy Mentors I will be helping women connect, share and learn from one another. Seeing women make these strides towards empowerment and renewed happiness will bring me satisfaction that is far greater than any computer program ever could.

Let me explain the second part-- love what you do. If we become negative we start to take instead of give, draining others and ourselves of life and power. By loving whatever we are doing, and giving it our all, regardless of whether it is of our conscious choosing or not, we remain positive; we remain kind; and we remain capable of caring for ourselves and working toward that ultimate in successful living-- doing what we love.

It is not easy summing up a life and defining it in one or two pages. Philosophers throughout recorded history from Plato to Descartes to Newton, Hume, Spinoza, Hegel and Mill have found it necessary to write great, long volumes explaining what they believe and how they arrived at their personal truths. In the next few minutes I am going to try and tell you what I believe in, how I came to believe the way I do, and how these beliefs have affected my life.

In a nutshell, my philosophy comes down to this: Do what you love and love what you do. Life is too short to spend it doing anything other than what you love. By loving whatever we are doing, and giving it our all, regardless of whether it is of our conscious choosing or not, we remain positive; we remain kind; and we remain capable of caring for ourselves and working toward that ultimate in successful living-- doing what we love. Today and every day, with my goal of doing what I love in mind, I work at loving what I do. If we are to be successful in life we must learn to do what we love, but that is only the beginning.

Today and every day, with my goal of doing what I love in mind, I work at loving what I do. Because I am loving what I do, wherever I am and whoever I am with, I try to be kind, and give generously of my self, and to treat everyone who comes into my life with respect, consideration, compassion and kindness.

I developed this philosophy out of the experiences and incidents of my life. For me this translated into Mommy Mentors Mentors. Mommy Mentors' partners use the power of their own real life experiences to give hope and inspiration to those who need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment